Monday, May 4, 2009

Photocontest: Who Am I?


Background
: Saturday afternoon the kids and I went for a short run/ride (2 were in the stroller, and 2 were on their bikes). We drove just outside the City limits for a scenic ~3 mile hilly adventure out in the country. As we approached this make-shift bridge, we noticed a rather large chicken leg (as the kids called it) sitting in the middle of the stream lodged underneath a fence.

Contest: The kids and I thought it would be fun to make a little contest out of our find. Can you identify the object in the picture? There is a prize for the first person who correctly identifies it. You have one week to give it a try; good luck!



Add Image

10 comments:

  1. Hmm I am probably way off but it the back looks like a cows rump with a tail.. is it a dead cow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Native Missouri hippo? How about a dead bull?

    ReplyDelete
  3. cow carcass, but just for the record... when you click on the picture to see it larger you had already named it so it shows up "cow carcass" lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. cow carcass. And I only know for the same reason the Barbers know....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, it's a cow carcass ... that's my guess. I did the same thing as the rest. Sorry, but I thought looking closer wouldn't be cheating. But there it was "cow + carcass".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alright, so I didn't do a very good job covering my tracks! I would dare say, though, that not everyone cheated (like Heather, the first person to respond with the right answer). She very well may be the winner. However, I will admit that I never was able to determine whether it was a cow or bull (water was just too high). I'll have to check back later when the water recedes a bit. Perhaps at that time I'll post a scratch-n-sniff picture to tease your olfaction a little.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bart, you would go back to check! PS we didn't cheat, we were just resourceful in using the information provided!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, so does that mean I get a prize? Gimme gimme! ;)

    ReplyDelete